Does Adelaide Place have any Covid-19 Cases?
No. The team has worked very hard, and our residents and families have supported the initiatives we have taken to keep everyone safe. We will continue to adhere to our processes until we can get back to “normal”.
Our residents are enjoying meals in our dining room with precautions in place to keep everyone safe. Exercise and other activities are taking place with a cap on the number of participants.
Am I able to move into Adelaide Place during the pandemic?
Yes! We are fully operational and adhering to Ministry of Health regulations. New residents can move into our community during the pandemic. There are a few additional measures we need to adhere to and would be happy to discuss these with you.
Why would ANYONE move to a Retirement Home during a pandemic?
Well, the truth is, there are a lot of great reasons to consider Retirement Living – even in this unprecedented time.
- We are preparing nutritious and delicious meals for our residents, so they do not have to worry about shopping and line ups.
- We are following all directives and mandates from the Government closely and reacting to the latest updates. We have a lot of resources and support at our fingertips and are committed to keeping our home safe.
- Residents of Adelaide Place will have access to the vaccine sooner than those living in the greater community.
- You will be able to socialize (with appropriate precautions) with many friends and neighbors in our home. Just being around other people is good for mental health.
- The real estate market is booming! Those who have chosen to make the move have been very happy with the outcome.
- There is no better time to make the adjustment to Retirement Living. Isolating in your suite upon move in, gives you time to unwind, settle in your suite and get comfortable with your surroundings (and unpack of course).
- There are people here who care. We will stop to chat, check on you to make sure that you are OK, and do everything we can to keep you safe.
Life at Adelaide Place may feel a little different right now, but we are still family.
Do I need to have a Covid-19 test before moving in?
Yes, all new move ins are required to have a COVID-19 swab and move into our home within 24 hours of receiving their negative result. This measure helps us ensure our residents stays well and healthy!
Will I have to Quarantine or Self Isolate when I move in?
Yes, this is a Ministry of Health directive and the best course of action for us to help protect the health of everyone at Adelaide Place.
The team are here for you during this time, and we have a 14-day isolation plan in place to ensure the wellbeing of all our new residents.
This is a great time to really acclimatize to your suite and your new surroundings. Take this time to set up your suite exactly as you choose. The team will meet with you during this time and will be ready to welcome you with open arms into the greater community as soon as your isolation period has ended.
We know that you have many more questions, and we would love to be able to support you in your research. Please contact us if there is anything in particular you would like to discuss.